Managing AUSkey troubleshooting
Troubleshooting for common problems experienced when trying to manage AUSkeys.
- Upgrade or downgrade someone else’s AUSkey
- With an Administrator AUSkey you can change the type of AUSkey for another user in AUSkey Manager.
- Lost or stolen computer or USB stick
- If your computer or USB stick is lost or stolen, you should cancel your AUSkey immediately to ensure nobody uses your AUSkey.
- Back up your AUSkey
- We recommend backing up your AUSkey key store every six months so you can restore your AUSkey if your computer system crashes or requires reformatting.
- Delete cancelled AUSkeys
- You can delete a cancelled or expired AUSkeys from your computer or USB stick.
- Forgotten password
- Your AUSkey password cannot be reset. If you cannot remember it, you will need to register for a new AUSkey and follow these instructions.
- Limited print functionality using AUSkey on USB stick
- When using an AUSkey on a USB stick to access government online services, the ability to print documents is limited.
4 Dec 2013