Communication to ABN holders
To maintain the integrity and accuracy of ABR data, we may contact you from time to time by letter, email, SMS or phone.
Our emails will:
- never ask you for confidential details
- include references to our website to help you find more information.
Reasons we may contact you
We may contact you:
- if our records show you’ve stopped operating your business and no longer need an Australian business number (ABN)
- where you have recently applied for an ABN and requested a back-dated start date
- where we need to confirm your ABN details are correct
- to confirm if you’re entitled to an ABN
- if we need more information to process your ABN application
- to notify you that we’ve cancelled your ABN
- to remind you of documents you agreed to provide us
- to notify you that your ABN application has been refused.
If you’re not sure a communication is from the ABR, contact us.
We may also contact government agencies to discuss using ABR data.