Accessing our online services with myGovID and RAM

To access our online services on behalf of a business or entity you need to use the following.

  • myGovID – an app you download to your smart device. It lets you prove who you are when using government online services. It is different to a myGov account.
  • Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) – an authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business or entity online when linked with your myGovID. You'll use your myGovID to log in.


On this page

Set up your myGovID

Everyone who accesses our online services on behalf of a business or entity needs their own myGovID.

Your myGovID is unique to you and can't be shared. It is your personal digital identity and should be set up using your personal email address.

Download the free myGovID app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. The app is compatible with most smart devices.

Next steps

Available on the App Store

Download from the Apple App store


Get it on Google Play

Download from Google Play

To access our online services your myGovID requires a Standard or Strong identity strength.

See also

Link your myGovID to a business using RAM

To access our online services on behalf of a business or entity, you need to link your myGovID to the business using RAM.

Find out how by selecting your role.

Principal authority (including primary person)

If you're the principal authority, you need to start the process for the business or entity by linking your Australian business number (ABN) to your myGovID in RAM.

A principal authority or authorisation administrator that is already acting on behalf of the business online, can authorise you in RAM to act on behalf of the business.

The principal authority is either a:

  • sole trader
  • eligible individual associate listed on an ABN in the Australian Business Register (ABR), such as a
    • trustee
    • director
    • partner
  • primary person (no individuals listed as an associate in the ABR) such as a
    • director of a corporate trustee
    • authorised contact for a government agency
    • responsible person for an Australian charity.

As a principal authority, how you link your business or entity depends on your circumstances.

Once linked, you can access our online services on behalf of your business or entity and set up authorisations for others to act on behalf of your entity.

Authorised user or administrator


If you access our online services on behalf of a business or entity, you need to set up a myGovID.

Use your myGovID to log in to RAM to accept an authorisation request to act on behalf of a business or entity online.

Authorisation administrators can set up authorisations for others in RAM.

Business software user

If you use Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software to interact with our online services, you need a machine credential.

If you use cloud-based SBR-enabled software, your digital service provider will build the credential into your software.

If you use desktop or locally hosted software, you'll need to create a machine credential using RAM. To start, the principal authority should set up a myGovID and link their ABN in RAM. They can then create a machine credential or authorise a machine credential administrator to do so.


Need help?

Visit the myGovID and RAM websites for more help and support.

RAM videos

Trademarks and attributions

Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Last modified
7 Dec 2021