Your AUSkey replacement
New digital services will transform the way Australians interact with government. These services are:
- myGovID – an authentication service that allows you to prove who you are online. It is different to myGov. You cannot access myGov using myGovID yet.
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) – an authorisation service that allows you to link your myGovID to an Australian business number (ABN) and manage who can act on behalf of your business online.
AUSkey and Manage ABN Connections will still be available until their retirement in March 2020.
What does this mean for you?
You can use myGovID and RAM with some government online services.
Before you can access any online business services, such as the Australian Business Register, you’ll need to link your ABN to your myGovID using RAM.
You can start using your myGovID that is linked to your ABN (via RAM) to interact with us online and complete tasks like updating your ABN details. This will replace logging in using AUSkey or Manage ABN Connections.
- What can I use it for? – for a list of participating government online services
Watch: How to get started with myGovID and RAM.
Set up your myGovID
Download the free myGovID app from the official app stores listed below.
The myGovID app is compatible with most smart devices using:
- iOS 10 or later
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later
Set up your myGovID using two of the following Australian identity documents to achieve a Standard identity strength (your name must match in all):
- passport (not more than three years expired)
- driver’s licence (including learner permit)
- Medicare card.
In the future, you will be able to use other types of identity documents.
Link your ABN to your myGovID in RAM
To link your ABN to your myGovID using RAM, you'll need to be the principal authority. The principal authority is the responsible person for the business:
- sole trader
- eligible individual associate listed on an ABN in the Australian Business Register (ABR)
- a director or public officer of a company
- a partner of a partnership
- a trustee of a trust
- an office bearer of a club or association.
In future, businesses with non-individual associates, such as trustee companies, will also use RAM.
You’ll use your myGovID to log in to RAM.
Accept an authorisation in RAM
You'll need a myGovID to log in to RAM and accept an authorisation to act on behalf of a business online.
Trademarks and attributions
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.