Who we are
The Registrar of the Australian Business Register (ABR) is also the Commissioner of Taxation, Chris Jordan AO.
The ABR program improves the wellbeing of Australian people through enhancing business productivity by:
- reducing the administrative cost to business in their dealings with other businesses and in complying with government regulation
- influencing government policy development and implementation by advocating the use of whole-of-government services, technologies and processes to minimise the administrative impact on business
- encouraging the broader use of the national business register information, and the ABN as the key identifier for business.
The ABR program includes:
- the Australian Business Register – a comprehensive national business dataset
- Standard business reporting (SBR) which defines a common language for business information and standards for electronic sharing. SBR is used in business record-keeping software to support the business and reduce the burden of reporting to government
- a secure authentication option giving business easy-to-use access to online services.
6 Jul 2018