Checking your ABR details online
This guide provides advice on using the Australian Business Register (ABR) to check and update the details of eligible associates such as a:
- public officer
- office bearer of a club or association.
How to check eligible associates in the ABR
Checking the details of eligible associates in the ABR should only take a few minutes. You will need to have a myGovID linked to the ABN in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
1. Go to Update your ABN details and select Update your ABN. The login screen will display.
2. To log in, enter the email address that you used to set up your myGovID. A code will appear. Open the myGovID app on your smart device. Then log in and enter the four digit code into the pop-up box within the app. Tap Accept.
3. Once logged in, select Update ABN record.
4. Check the details of eligible associates. If the details are correct, no further action is required. If details are outdated, update the relevant sections and select Next.
- business names or legal names of sole traders – see Update your name or phone the ATO on 13 28 66
- legal names of companies – go to the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) website
- legal names of not-for-profit organisations and charities – go to the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) website.
New partners cannot be added in a partnership. You will need to cancel the existing ABN and register for a new ABN if there is a change in partners.
5. If you have made changes, select Declaration. Tick the box to accept the declaration and select Submit.
To learn more about checking your ABR details, visit Australian Business Register.