Business, Super funds & charities
Stay current with the latest news for Business, Super funds and Charities about your business registrations.
- Are you still using your ABN?
- If you’re not using your ABN, you need to cancel it. We may contact you about cancelling your ABN if we believe it’s inactive.
- When should you cancel your ABN
- You should cancel your ABN when your business has been sold, closed down, or is no longer operating in Australia or making supplies connected with Australia.
- Australian Business Register review
- This is a summary of the Australian Business Register (ABR) review, including recommendations, actions that we're taking and the way forward.
- Trading names in the ABR
- This page has information about trading names in the ABR.
- Update your ABN details
- Ensure you don't miss information about changes that may occur from us or other government agencies and stay safe by making sure your ABN details are up to date.
- Changes to ABN details
- Changes to the Australian Business Register (ABR) will allow up to 4 extra business activities to be recorded against your Australian business number (ABN).
- Check your main business address
- Can we find your business in an emergency? To receive help, we need you to check we have the street address of your business or organisation.
- Do you need a director ID?
- If you’re a director of a company in Australia, you must apply for a director ID. Find out who needs to apply and how.
- GST fraud crackdown
- The Australian Tax Office (ATO) continues to investigate individuals suspected of inventing fake businesses to claim false GST refunds.
- Get the facts on myGovID and RAM
- This article answers some of your most common myGovID and RAM questions.
- If you change your business structures, you may need to apply for a new ABN
- If you change your business structure, you may need to cancel your Australian business number (ABN) and apply for a new one.
11 Nov 2021