Check your main business address
Your business or organisations address may not have changed since you registered for an ABN, but we need you to check that we have the location of your business listed on the ABR.
We and other government agencies use your business or organisation location to provide critical or even lifesaving information and support in times of emergency or natural disaster.
We have found that some main business addresses have a post office box or tax or BAS agent address listed. We need to know the physical street address of your business or organisation. You can still use a different postal address to receive communications from us.
What you need to do
Check the addresses you have listed on the Australian Business Register (ABR) are up to date.
- login to the ABR using your myGovID and select Update ABN record – you can navigate in the system using the Next button or the menu across the top
- select Business address – this needs to be the physical location of the business or organisation (street address), update if needed
- select Postal address – include the postal address you want to receive communications from us, this could be your tax or BAS agent’s address, post office box or your main business address, update if needed
- select Additional location – if you have other address locations for your business, these also should be the street address of the business
- check all other contact information is current
- select Declaration and Submit.
You need to update any change in your details within 28 days of becoming aware of changes.