Updating or cancelling an ABN
You can update your client's details online via Tax professionals services or by contacting the ABR. If their business structure changes their ABN may need to be cancelled.
- Update your client’s ABN details
- It’s your client’s responsibility to maintain their Australian business number (ABN) details. Details must be updated within 28 days of becoming aware of any changes.
- Cancel your client’s ABN
- It is important that ABN details are kept up to date. The fastest way to cancel your client’s ABN is online using myGovID.
- Changing your client's business structure
- If your client's business structure changes, they may need to cancel their ABN and apply for a new one.