Your ABN details on the ABR
If your ABN application is successful, your details will be added to the Australian Business Register (ABR) as either:
- public information, check your ABN via ABN Lookup.
- non-public information, which is only available to the ABN holder, and your registered tax agent if you use one. Eligible government agencies also have access to some non-public information.
You can request certain details not be disclosed if you or your family are endangered if they were public. You can also request historical name data not be disclosed if you've had gender reassignment.
ABN information which is publicly available includes:
- ABN registration – status and date of effect and cancellation* of the ABN registration
- Approved worker entitlement fund status* – your status as a (trust) fund for employee long service leave, sick leave or redundancy payments
- Australian Company Number or Australian Registered Body Number*
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) registration – status and date of effect*
- deductible gift recipient – fund name, status and date/s of effect and cancellation*
- entity legal name
- entity type – eg sole trader, superannuation fund, company, trust
- GST registration – status and date/s of effect and cancellation*
- income tax exempt fund status*
- postcode of the main business address
- registered business name
- Registrable Superannuation Entity (RSE) licensees status*
- Registrable Superannuation Fund (RSF) status*
- state of the main business address
- tax concession and/or charity status and date/s of effect and cancellation*
- Trading name.
ABN information which is not publicly available includes:
- associate details
- Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) code and description
- business address
- geocoding – latitude and longitude of business addresses and additional locations
- mailing address for the service of notices
- phone numbers
- authorised contacts
- working holiday maker registration – date/s of effect and cancellation*.
* Only if applicable.
Note: the collection of trading names ceased from 28 May 2012. Trading names collected before that date will be displayed in ABN Lookup until 31 October 2025.