ABR data products and services
Registered business information is stored as public and non-public data in the Australian Business Register (ABR).
ABN Lookup is the public view of the ABR. Using ABN Lookup, agencies can download public data into their applications and databases, and:
- search for single or multiple ABNs
- quickly and easily identify cancelled ABNs and changes to public data items
- pre-fill agency online forms and validate ABNs
- confirm ABNs without navigating away from payment and procurement applications.
Access to non-public data is available only to eligible government agencies. The following information explains different methods of accessing public and non-public ABR data:
- Check if your agency has access to non-public data.
- If you don’t have access, read how your agency can get access to non-public data.
Once your agency has been granted access to non-public data, the following products and services are available.
The ABR Identifier Search service is not currently accepting new registrations. If you already have an account, you can still access the service as usual.
- ABR Explorer
- ABR Explorer is an online reporting tool providing eligible government agencies with access to ABR information. ABR bulk data files can also be downloaded using this access channel.
- ABR bulk data file download
- Government agencies with current ABR Partnership Agreement in place can download large volumes of data using ABR Explorer.
16 May 2023